The Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration is kicking off the month of July again in its 139th year! Eide Chrysler is excited to be a sponsor at this year's action-packed event.
Do you plan on coming out for three days of professional rodeo, concerts, dancing, baseball, and a huge Fourth of July Celebration?
Here's what you need to know about North Dakota's largest rodeo on July 2-4.
Don't miss out at the Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration
Whether you attend just one day or all three, the Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration promises to be "barrels of fun" for all ages. Here are a few of the highlights that you won't want to miss:
- Rodeo Pageant – Rodeo Royalty contestants for 2019 will participate in the Remarkable Kids Rodeo at 2pm on July 2. Catch the contestants again at the on July 3 at the luncheon, where the contestants will deliver their speeches, answer questions, and participate in the modeling segment of the competition. Coronation will be at 7pm during July 4th's rodeo!
- Family Night | July 2 – Family Night includes free kids' activities and a Just Clowning Around contest prior to the rodeo performance. Plus, the first 50 children under age six who come through the gate on Family Night will get a free stick horse for the stick horse race. Sweet!
- Patriot Night | July 3 – Tuesday night's festivities raises money for two different charities that support veterans: the Bismarck Cancer Center and K9s for Warriors. If you attend the rodeo on this evening, please wear red, white, and blue to honor active-duty and veteran members of the military. There will also be a live and silent auction during the performance on this evening, followed by a fireworks show.
- Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey – Whiplash is an international star who's bringing his rodeo career to North Dakota this summer! If you haven't seen this three foot tall monkey herd sheep, you're in for a treat this year at Mandan Rodeo Days!
(Photo below courtesy of Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey)
- The Fourth of July Parade – Join thousands of others at the region's largest parade on the morning of July 4th. This is an annual tradition since 1881 that your family won't want to miss!
Anticipated by Spectators and Athletes Alike
Spectators aren't the only ones who love the Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration. Hundreds of athletes come from all over the U.S. to participate, and this is one rodeo that many look forward to.
"I love roping in Mandan!" says Dane Kissack, one professional athlete who makes the trip each year. "The committee that puts on the Mandan Rodeo Days Celebration is great to work with. Plus, there's always a great crowd in North Dakota."
We hope to see you during the rodeo! Make sure to stop and say "hello" if you see any of the Eide Chrysler team enjoying the festivities.